How To Apply Your Car Decal
Simple Car Decal Installation Instructions
1. CLEAN: Wipe clean the window or surface you are applying the decal to with a mild cleaner. Allow to dry.
|3. APPLY: Place your decal on the window. Use a credit card to rub and smooth the decal onto the window.
|2. PEEL: Carefully peel off the backing layer from the decal. (Only the vinyl and the clear transfer layer should remain).
||4. REMOVE: Now remove the clear transfer layer by peeling it off starting from the corner. (Only the vinyl decal should remain).
Detailed Car Decal Installation Instructions
- Small Decal Installation: This can be done by removing the backing layer, then, holding the transfer and vinyl layers with both hands stick your decal to your desired spot, then after rubbing over it with a card or squeegee, remove the transfer layer. All that should remain on your surface is the die-cut car decal.
- Larger Decal Installation: We recommend a friend or masking tape to assist you. With the backing paper still on, affix your decal into your desired position by putting masking tape along the length of an edge of your decal. This becomes a hinge. Flip the decal over along this hinge. Carefully peel off the backing paper entirely. Now lift the end of the transfer layer (opposite the hinge) with one hand, while using a card or squeegee with your other hand to rub the decal firmly onto your surface. Then remove the transfer layer and enjoy. All that should remain on your surface is the die-cut car decal.
Car Decal Removal
- From Glass: Use a razorblade or scraper (metal or plastic) to lift an edge of the vinyl until you can grab it with your fingers and peel off.
- From Vehicle Body: Use a plastic razorblade or scraper so you don't scratch your clear coat.
Tips: For stubbornly stuck vinyl, heat mildly with a heat gun or hair dryer, then use above methods.